Monday, March 19, 2007

Pretty Blooms for Spring

Since Spring is almost here, I took some pictures of pretty, fresh looking plants I have around the house right now. I was lucky to inherit a begonia (Laura if you read this, I will replace yours sorry girl!) because my cousin accidentally left it on my kitchen table, so it's now enjoying its new home in my kitchen.







My new Cyclamen seems relatively happy, though some of the blooms are starting to wilt (I'm hoping that's because they were already fully open when I bought the plant, and not due to cold drafty air or anything). My other Cyclamen isn't looking so hot these days (the on who got the 'shower') but I think that may have to do with the amount of water sitting in the soil right now. There's no drainage hole in the pot it's in, just some gravel at the bottom, and the soil is still very damp to the touch, two weeks after I gave it its 'shower'. My other plant is thriving because it likes to have very damp soil. I'm hoping I haven't killed my Cyclamen though or something.. Maybe I'll move it into a pot with drainage holes for now.




My seedlings are coming along alright, hopefully they'll beef up a bit because they're currently really stringy. I think I'll have to get them a grow light.
Maybe I'll do that this weekend when I'm at the Ottawa Spring Home and Garden Show!! Woohoo!! Can't wait! :)

No comments: